The following “statement of mission and purpose” was found on a flyer in a VA Medical Clinic in Los Angeles, California.
- Always remember. The most important person ever in this facility is the veteran.
- The veterans are not interrupting your work… They are the purpose of it.
- The veterans are not just cold statistics… They are flesh and blood human beings with feelings like your own.
- The veterans are not asking for favors… They are seeking services that you were hired to render to them and to which they are entitled under the law.
- The veterans are not just casual passers-by… They are citizens of the community upon who rests the decision as to whether this office and your job are essential or useless.
- Remember that the only real difference between you and the veteran is but three feet of desk space. Can you then afford to be other than courteous, respectful, pleasant, and efficient?